You love the peace and quiet of the mountains? You enjoy hiking through pristine winter landscapes, away from all the hustle and bustle? Then the winter wonderland of Galtür is the place for you to be! With its impressive views of the Tyrolean Alps and numerous amazing snowshoe hiking trails, the region is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts. Simply strap on your snowshoes and off you go into the deep white snow!
3 good reasons for a snowshoe hike in the Tyrolean mountains
- A fun experience for all ages. Whether you’re going for a peaceful and relaxed tour or a more adventurous and challenging one – snowshoe hiking is a fun activity for outdoor enthusiasts of all ages.
- Perfect for non-skiers. Snowshoe hiking is easy and doesn’t require lots of equipment or preparation. A great opportunity for non-skiers to explore the picturesque winter landscapes of Galtür!
- An adventure off the beaten track. Enjoy the silence of the snow-covered woods and the picturesque mountains of the Silvretta range. With snowshoes it’s easy to reach the most breathtaking vantage points. However, please make sure to check up on the current weather conditions and avalanche risk before your hike!
Guided tours through wintry Galtür
The ski schools of Galtür offer a wide range of guided snowshoe tours throughout the winter season. Experienced guides accompany you through the Alpine terrain of the Silvretta mountains, making sure that you can enjoy a beautiful and safe hike.
On tour with the guides of Silvretta Galtür ski and snowboard school
Every Thursday, you can explore the snow-covered winter landscapes of Galtür equipped with a headlamp and torch. On request, the ski and snowboard school also offers daily snowshoe tours.
- meeting point: 20:00 at the village square of Galtür (ski school office)
- bookings: until 18:00 on the day before
- walking time: approximately 1.5 hours
- duration: approximately 2.5 hours
- number of participants: minimum of 5
- price: € 46.00 (including equipment and taxi back)
Tour tip: Whether you’re looking for a taster tour or challenging summit exploration – the Silvretta Galtür ski and snowboard school will be happy to compile the perfect tour for you!