There’s no better way to explore the glistening winter landscapes of the Paznaun region than during a relaxed winter hike. Marvel at the glistening ice crystals, snow-dusted trails and snow-covered mountain peaks and soak up the peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle. Let your thoughts run free, unwind and recharge your batteries during an enchanting winter hike through the picturesque ski resort of Galtür.
The perfect equipment for great winter hikes
Relaxed circular walk or summit tour – dressing in layers will keep you from getting cold on your winter hike! Walking on snow and ice can be quite exhausting, making you sweat easily. The right layer look keeps you all nice and warm during your hike through the snow: we recommend functional underwear to keep you dry, a thinner or thicker breathable sweater (depending on the weather) and a water-repellent and wind-proof outer layer!
Winter hiking – what to keep in mind
- Don’t forget to check the current weather and avalanche situation, particularly if you’re planning a mountain tour.
- Go for shorter trails in winter as hours of sunlight are limited and walking is more exhausting.
- Don’t forget to bring some snacks, plenty of water and warm drinks.
- For your own safety, stick to the marked trails and respect closed-off areas.
- Read up on the opening times of mountain huts and cable cars before your tour to avoid unpleasant surprises.