Splendid mountain views and a region dotted with countless slopes, cross-country ski runs and winter hiking trails – that’s what you want from your winter holiday? Then you should spend your active family holiday in the little mountain village of Galtür …
Skiing in the heart of the Silvretta mountains
Some say that skiing is the most beautiful sport of all. And what better place could there be for a perfect skiing experience than the 43 kilometres of perfectly groomed slopes of Silvapark Galtür? Five kilometres of easy runs are perfect for beginners, while leisure skiers will love the 26 kilometres of intermediate ski runs. For experienced skiers, we recommend the twelve kilometres of black runs. A snow paradise for everyone!
The practice area at Silvapark is the perfect place for children and beginners to master their first turns in the snow with the help of the trained instructors of Galtür’s ski schools. Whether you prefer private or group lessons – there’s the perfect course for all tastes and skill levels!
Comprehensive service for active holidays
In Galtür, it’s easy to feel right at home. After all, the region offers many great services that make your couple or family holiday even more unforgettable …
- Childcare: You would like to explore the mountains without your kids for a change? No problem – at the guest kindergarten of Galtür, your little ones are in the best of hands!
- Ski schools: Skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing or deep-snow skiing – the ski schools of Galtür turn beginners into snow experts! All you have to do is pick your favourite ski school …
- Ski bus: The ski bus runs between See, Kappl, Ischgl and Galtür several times a day. Holders of a valid ski pass get to use the bus for free – there’s no easier way to travel the Paznaun region!
- Ski rental: No need to pack your bulky skis or snowboard – simply rent your equipment at one of Galtür’s many sports shops or rental stations!
- Piste map: The interactive trail map gives you a detailed overview of the entire Galtür ski resort. Take a look and find your favourite trail!
Excellent conditions for cross-country skiing
Only eleven regions can call themselves “Tyrolean cross-country specialists” – and Galtür is one of them, thanks to its perfectly groomed cross-country runs, varied and snow-sure ski resort and excellent infrastructure. Beginners, advanced riders and pros can choose from 50 kilometres of cross-country runs and varied tours ranging from 1,377 to 2,035 metres above sea level. Find out more about the most beautiful tours and cross-country hotels …
Cross-country skiing tip: Have you ever left your tracks on a nightly cross-country run? No? Then you should definitely try the 2.2-kilometre flood-lit night run between Galtür and Wirl! The cross-country run is open until 22:00!
Off-piste adventures in Galtür
The fresh powder is beckoning and you can’t wait to start your active holiday full of winter hiking, ski mountaineering and snowshoe hiking? You’re longing to breathe in the clear mountain air of the health resort of Galtür? Here’s something to whet your appetite …
- Winter hiking: The winter hiking trails of Galtür are a perfect opportunity to enjoy enchanting winter days and relaxed moments far away from all the hustle and bustle.
- Ski mountaineering: If you like ski mountaineering, you will love the peace and quiet of Galtür’s mountain tours off the beaten track. A highlight for all nature lovers! By the way: The trained local guides will be happy to show you the most beautiful tours of the Paznaun region!
- Ski safaris: Experience a different kind of safari! Without animals, but with plenty of skiing, snowcat rides, cable cars and buses!
- Snowshoe hiking: Numerous easy, intermediate and more challenging tours offer perfect opportunities for non-skiers to explore the mountain region of Galtür.
Freeriding away from the groomed slopes
Galtür’s Heldenreich is a freeride paradise for action lovers and adrenaline junkies, offering excellent opportunities for adventures away from the groomed slopes. For instance, try the most spectacular jumps on Stamandli Trail or whizz down the steep powder descents …
Young freeriders will love Siggi‘s Freeride Route where they learn all about safe riding in the backcountry. A great opportunity to find out all about avalanche transceivers and the right behaviour in the mountains!
Experience culinary highlights in Galtür
Galtür is a haven for gourmets. Sample the most mouth-watering regional specialities at the numerous restaurants, huts and mountain inns and fuel up for your next skiing adventure with a tasty Tyrolean “Brettljause” with regional bacon and cheese!
You think that Galtür is the perfect place to spend some time with your sweetheart or family? Browse Galtür’s numerous accommodation options and book your next winter holiday right away!