You’re looking for great experiences? You’re longing for a holiday and itching to travel? What are you waiting for? Come to Galtür and experience the best the little mountain village in the Tyrolean Alps has to offer! With plenty of great concerts, parties, family festivities, sports, events and culinary highlights throughout the season, Galtür is an all-year paradise for adventure lovers and pleasure seekers! Boring holidays? Definitely not in Galtür!
The winter highlights of Galtür
Temperatures are dropping, days are getting shorter and the first snow is covering the Paznaun region – time for some slope adventures and mountain hut happiness! Winter sports athletes can look forward to an unforgettable stay in Galtür with lots of cultural and sporty highlights!
Get to know the top events of the upcoming winter …
- Galtür Nordic Night Race: This spectacular night cross-country ski race takes participants right through the village centre of Galtür. In a thrilling nip-and-tuck race, amateur athletes are battling it out against experienced pros.
- Snowcat ski safari: The thrilling Silvretta ski safari is a highlight for all action lovers. Explore the Galtür winter on skis and by snowcat, cable cars and buses!
- Snowshoe hiking by night: Strap on your snowshoes and hike through the deep snow by night, equipped with headlamps and torches. An adventure for the whole family!
Five good reasons
why you shouldn’t miss Galtür’s winter events:
- With plenty of famous athletes and musicians visiting Galtür in winter, there’s always something happening during the colder months of the year.
- Countless kilometres of slopes, cross-country ski runs, funparks and other attractions are only waiting to be explored by you. Also don’t miss the child- and family-friendly Silvapark in Galtür for some serious fun in the snow!
- Numerous restaurants and bars spoil you with delicious Tyrolean specialities and modern experience cuisine. Enjoy the true taste of perfect holidays!
- The region’s legendary après-ski parties are the perfect way to end a wonderful day of skiing.
- The charming mountain village also boasts plenty of cultural highlights. For instance, how about a visit to the Alpinarium? The local experience museum hosts great exhibitions and vernissages!
The summer highlights
of the Tyrolean Alps
With rising temperatures, there are several “hot” events not to be missed in Galtür. Think star chefs, think regional wines and culinary explorations! Experience pure pleasure in Galtür and enjoy sporty highlights like the Women’s Summer Festival or the Top of the Mountain Biker Summit …
Summer events not to be missed:
- Culinary hike: Don’t miss this culinary event highlight in the mountains! During the “Kulinarische Jakobsweg”, international star chefs are cooking up a storm at select mountain huts in the Paznaun region.
- Alpine Cheese Olympics: During the championships of the best Alpine raw milk cheeses, the most outstanding local products are awarded – and can be sampled as well!
- Silvretta-Ferwall Hike: Hiking fans from all over the world come to Galtür to explore the impressive mountain world of the Ferwall and the Silvretta. The 42.3-kilometre hike covers an altitude difference of 1,700 metres and involves many children’s highlights and fun and games for motivated hikers.
that make Galtür’s summer events so special:
- Discover the Paznaun mountains! At events like the Silvrettarun 3000!
- A paradise for boulder fans! Whether you’re a beginner or experienced climber: Galtür offers plenty of great bouldering spots for all difficulty levels. Bouldering rocks!
- Family holidays in the Paznaun region are full of possibilities. For instance, how about a picknick by the lake, a mountain bike tour or a pushchair-suitable hike?
- Experience traditional Galtür during numerous lovely summer concerts. In addition to traditional marches and polkas, the band is sure to play some modern tunes as well!
- The mountain world of the Paznaun is full of unique encounters: between man and mountain, between culture and nature. The perfect setting for a relaxed holiday!
For even more event highlights in the region, check out our event calendar. Find out more and look forward to your next holiday in Galtür!