You’re looking for great experiences? You’re longing for a holiday and itching to travel? What are you waiting for? Come to Galtür and experience the best the little mountain village in the Tyrolean Alps has to offer! With plenty of great concerts, parties, family festivities, sports, events and culinary highlights throughout the season, Galtür is an all-year paradise for adventure lovers and pleasure seekers! Boring holidays? Definitely not in Galtür!
The winter highlights of Galtür
Temperatures are dropping, days are getting shorter and the first snow is covering the Paznaun region – time for some slope adventures and mountain hut happiness! Winter sports athletes can look forward to an unforgettable stay in Galtür with lots of cultural and sporty highlights!
Get to know the top events of the upcoming winter …
- Galtür Opening: Ski start in Galtür! On the first ski day in Silvapark Galtür, pure skiing pleasure is on the agenda. The highlights of the weekend: Night-time skiing fun at the night ski run, the absolute event highlight - the Zipflbob World Championships and much more!
- Galtür Nordic Volumes: The cross-country series in March consists of the well-known Galtür Nordic Night Race and the newcomers - the Cross-Country Climb to the Silvretta Bielerhöhe, the XC Team Relay and the cross-country race for schoolchildren.
- Ski Safari with the Pistenbully: The varied Silvretta Ski Safari is an absolute must for action lovers. The mix of skiing and getting around by piste bully, mountain railways and minibuses ensures pure fun.
Five good reasons
why you shouldn’t miss Galtür in winter
- With plenty of famous athletes and musicians visiting Galtür in winter, there’s always something happening during the colder months of the year.
- Countless kilometres of slopes, cross-country ski runs, funparks and other attractions are only waiting to be explored by you. Also don’t miss the child- and family-friendly Silvapark in Galtür for some serious fun in the snow!
- Numerous restaurants and bars spoil you with delicious Tyrolean specialities and modern experience cuisine. Enjoy the true taste of perfect holidays!
- The region’s legendary hut afternoons are the perfect way to end a wonderful day of skiing.
- The charming mountain village also boasts plenty of cultural highlights. For instance, how about a visit to the Alpinarium? The local experience museum hosts great exhibitions and vernissages!
The summer highlights in Galtür
With rising temperatures, there are several “hot” events not to be missed in Galtür. Think star chefs, think regional wines and culinary explorations! Experience pure pleasure in Galtür and enjoy sporty highlights like the Silvretta Ferwall March or the Silvrettarun 3000.
Summer events not to be missed:
- Culinary Way of St. James: Galtür invites you to enjoy and experience the mountains! Top chefs conjure up real delicacies on your plates in selected huts in Paznaun.
- Silvrettarun 3000: From Ischgl to Galtür - nothing easier than that! Over a three-thousand-metre peak And then: on foot, and as fast as possible? Just the thing for passionate trail runners and marathon runners. Because they know that this combination can only mean one thing: It's time to lace up the running shoes again!
- Silvretta Ferwall March: Hiking enthusiasts from all over the world meet in Galtür to discover the imposing alpine world of Ferwall and Silvretta. On 42.3 kilometres and a total of 1,700 metres in altitude, fitness is in demand! The large range of games and children's programme also ensures variety for the little ones.
- Alpine Cheese Olympics: The best raw milk cheeses in the Alpine region are awarded prizes. In keeping with Olympic tradition, gold, silver and bronze will be awarded. Tasting allowed!
that make Galtür’s summer events so special
- Discover the Paznaun mountains! At events like the Silvrettarun 3000!
- A paradise for boulder fans! Whether you’re a beginner or experienced climber: Galtür offers plenty of great bouldering spots for all difficulty levels. Bouldering rocks!
- Family holidays in the Paznaun region are full of possibilities. For instance, how about a picknick by the lake, a mountain bike tour or a pushchair-suitable hike?
- Experience traditional Galtür during numerous lovely summer concerts. In addition to traditional marches and polkas, the band is sure to play some modern tunes as well!
- The mountain world of the Paznaun is full of unique encounters: between man and mountain, between culture and nature. The perfect setting for a relaxed holiday!